- The Club holds monthly meetings for its members, at which we strive to bring interesting speakers to present talks on all aspects of amateur radio.
- The Club's repeater development group installs and maintains repeaters in East London, as well as the Border region.
- Training is provided (on request and dependent on numbers) to prepare new Hams for their Radio Amateurs Exam. ( RAE )
- The Club also invigilates the RAE twice a year.
- The club has two qualified Morse code testers, as well as HF assessors, certified to examine candidates for the full ZS HF License.
- The Club runs and maintains East London's Packet Bulletin board server. ( ZS0ELD ) - ( Discontinued 2012 )
- The Club is looking into setting up a APRS Repeater on 144,800Mhz. ( Under Consideration )
- Emergency backup communication services are provided in the case of a serious accident or Disaster in our Area,
by our Hamnet team.
- The club participates in the HAMNET Emergency radio network, with three monitoring stations ZS2BQ, ZS2ILN and ZS2EL along with other volunteers, covering the greater East London area. ( We assist with Ironman 70.3 Radio communications and other events. )
- The club provides emergency communication facilities to the Buffalo City Disaster Management control center in East London, as part of its ongoing co-operation with SATEPSA.
- The Club is affiliated to the South African Radio League, and can assist members with any information required from the SARL.